Sunday, July 13, 2014

Schrodingers Breasts and deep fried Art Twinkies Horse swimming and running in the crashing waves by Cinnamon Cooney

 A beautiful crashing wave crest above a horse dancing in the water."Surge" 60X60 acrylic. This is painting number 60 too. Painting #60 so at least I can say its been a productive few months. I am knee deep in due paying. Knee deep, possibly hip deep. Do I want to pull the rip cord and start churning out rainbow colored paths with umbrella covered lovers kissing???? they will sell yesss... should I ......maybe?!! NOT. Mostly because I am stubborn as hell. Also because I am honest in my life and my art. So have I taken the two MOST passe' subjects in art and dug in my heals???? Yea I might have done. I mean its horses and oceans. Art wise its is like frying a Twinkie. However if you look, its more its a lot more. Will I cave and start toning down the colors and deliver something more packaged for the audience. Hahaha HELL NO. I am going to paint more. I do this because there is something meaningful and transcendent for me here.
This piece with a subject full of conflict still remains peaceful and even restful. In real life the only way you might see a horse in waves this big is if he fell of the boat and swam in. Even then he is a wet angry super pissed off horse . Horse people feel free to laugh now.
This is about the balancing act of life. How riding the tidal surges, the forces out of my control, is the beauty in the experience. I just recently found a lump in my breast and wow what a implosion that was. I had to exist in this place of being and not being. Cancer limbo waiting for tests So I could go about being normal again or get about the business of being sick. Until my tests I was neither well or sick. My breasts were in Schrodingers box now. I feel real happiness is being safe and sheltered. Having the ones you love safe and sheltered the rest is just decor. Now my real fundamental happiness got threatened. 
The idea for this next series of paintings and in particular this one came out of that moment. Finding the lump to discovering the nature of the lump was all put into this piece. I believe that happiness is a practice and a choice. Through this that belief was sorely tested. I am happy to say I am cancer free. The lump was just a lump.  I am back to blissful ignorance about my own mortality. Out of that came "Surge" which sums it all up for me. It informs my direction artistically. Life is beautiful. It is a privilege to be here. To tell my little stories in paint and to share them here. So I pay me dues and carry on because I am blessed to do so. Love you.

  SOLD



2 comments:

  1. This is amazing!! I wish I could paint like this!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! This has got to be one of my very favorites from Cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete